Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Zaycon Foods

This week I picked up my first order from Zaycon Foods. I ordered 80 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.

Here is the chicken description from their site ....


FRESH Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

    

• Our Trademark Event
• 100 % natural chicken with no added hormones, additives or artificial ingredients
• Comes directly from the processor and has never been frozen
• Sold by the case — 40 lbs in each case
• Case dimensions—18 in wide x 12 in deep x 7 in tall
[NOTE:  Our chicken is delivered in its original wholesale packaging, a water resistant cardboard case containing three or four plastic bags of fresh chicken breasts. The smaller bags are typically sealed in a larger plastic bag. The smaller bags are not uniform in weight. There will be small amounts of naturally occuring liquids (i.e.,"chicken juice") in each bag and case. Chicken breasts typically come in double-lobed pairs ("butterfly") and will have small attached amounts of fat.]


The customer service was courteous, professional, organized and they went above and behind what I expected.

I arrived to pick up my chicken about 5 minutes before the scheduled delivery time. They were already there in the parking lot, completely set up for you to just drive through. I pulled up to get my chicken, they loaded in the back of my van for me.  The closest pickup location was over an hour away, so I had coolers in the back of my van. They removed the bags of chicken from the boxes they were packaged in and placed them in my coolers for me. I didn't even have to get out of my van.

When I arrived home, I divided up the chicken into meal size portion packages and placed it in my freezer. We had our first meal with the chicken on the night that we picked it up. It was fantastic. The chicken was so moist and tender.

The next available time to order chicken will be in the spring, but they are just about to start accepting orders for ham (two 10lb hams per box) and bacon (two 15lb packages per box).

Follow this link Zaycon Foods, and simple register to start receiving notifications of when they will be accepting orders in your area. You will need to fill the registration page, which will include you selecting the state in which you reside. Once you sign up, they will send you a message when your area is accepting orders. You can also watch their facebook page for updates.





2 comments:

  1. This is very interesting--I'll have to look into this chicken! We need something better than the store-bought stuff but some of the organic chicken I've seen is SO expensive! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is delicious, and super moist. I agree, organic chicken is so expensive. Where I live, whole chicken is going for around $4.39/lb, so a chicken cost around $22. Yikes!

      Delete