Skip to main content

First week of my new journey is complete

I have completed the first week of my new journey.  My journey is to turn away from my craving for food and start craving more of God.  I must admit, so far it has not been too hard.  On December 31st, I drank my last pop.  I have replaced it with water.  Lots and lots of water!  I made the mistake of going to the grocery store while I was hungry, and even though I did buy a few more groceries than were on my list, they were all healthy!  I have started eating breakfast every morning.  I would always make time to feed the kids, but I used to not make time for breakfast for myself. 

What I haven't done so far is make time for exercise.  I work 2-4 hours a day typing, homeschool our 4 children, plus all of my other responsibilities as a wife and mother.  What are all those reasons for not finding time to exercise?  They are just excuses!  I usually find time to sit and watch a show or movie with my husband.  I usually find time to catch up with friends on Facebook.  Why don't I find time to exercise?  Well, the answer is simple.  I don't like too! 

While it has been relatively easy for me to change my eating habits, the same cannot be said for exercising.  I have prayed daily that God help me control my eating and I have been at peace with my choices of meals.  I have not prayed for the strength and self-control to start exercising.  I need to start.  I know that it will be all Him, because I just cannot do it. 

I weighed in this morning, as I will every Tuesday, and I found that I lost 2 pounds. I was a little disappoint until I really thought about it.  I didn't do anything to make that number greater.  The weight isn't just going to fall off.  I have to put forth effort. 

I am not being a good example to my children when I don't show discipline with what I eat.  I am not being a good example to my children when I do not take care of the body that God gave me by exercising.  I don't want to be a parent that says one thing but demonstrates the exact opposite.

Lord, I pray that you give me the strength, discipline and self-control to take care of the body that you have blessed me with.  I pray that I am the role-model you want me to be to the children you have blessed me with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Christmas Wonderland - Review

When I was contacted a few weeks ago and asked if I would review a newly released Christmas album, I couldn't type fast enough to respond and say YES! Christmas is, by far, my favorite time of year.  When I received the Cds, they were wrapped in beautiful burlap and ribbon and decorated with a sparkly snowflake. Along with the Cds, there was a personal handwritten note. It was so sweet and just made the entire experience of this review scream vintage. Vintage Christmas Wonderland by David Ian has a smooth jazzy sound that takes you back to the days when life was less complicated. When I was contacted to review the album, it was described to me as " It's reminiscent of the Charlie Brown Christmas album and meant to bring warmth to the season!".  I can tell you, that is a perfect description. While listening to Vintage Christmas Wonderland, I felt like putting up my Christmas tree just so I could plug in the lights and watch them glow. I felt like starting a

Zipzicles review and giveaway!!

A couple weeks ago I received a package of Zipzicles to try out and review. I must say, I was super excited. You can read about how Zipzicles was started here. This summer my children and I attended VBS at our church. Since our church is a 30 minute drive and VBS ran from 8:30-12:30, I knew that I would need to pack their lunches. I attempted to make my own Zipzicle type packaging but it did not turn out well at all. I didn't take pictures because no-one needs to witness how bad they were. So, a couple months ago I found Zipzicles and wanted to give them a try. It is such a simple idea and I cannot believe no-one thought of them sooner. One of the things I like most (besides being super convenient) is that the packages are BPA free and recyclable! I also like that I know exactly what my kids are eating because I make it myself. Okay, so here is what I did. I made smoothies and put them in the Zipzicle packages. I am a big fan of tropical smoothies. Here I have coconut milk

Joyful Journaling - DaySpring Journal GIVEAWAY

Our children are getting older and I want them to start journaling. I want them to write down their thoughts for the day, but I also want them to journal with purpose. Our middle daughter is starting to experience more emotions as she is getting older. I am noticing that she is focusing more on things that went wrong in the day instead of the joys of the day. I came up with the idea of purposefully journaling and wanted to find the perfect journal for her to get started. A journal that would help her focus on joy! I decided to visit DaySpring and to look at their journals. I am so glad I did. I found the everyday joy journal. It is perfect! I want my children to journal with purpose. I want them to focus more on the blessings and joys of the day than focus on the negatives or disappointments of the day. Each day can be (and usually is) filled with both. It is my hope that positive thoughts will be come the norm and negative thoughts and disappointments will be lost at the end