Skip to main content

Mom's Need Mentors

"the older women, likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things - that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed." Titus 2:3-5

I pray for a mentor.  That God will send a woman to guide me on my journey as a wife and homeschooling mom, homemaker, and most importantly a child of God.

A woman who has been where I am.  A woman I can learn from.

An encourager.

A teacher.

A woman who speaks wisdom.

I pray.

I also pray that through this journey God will train me to be a mentor.  That He will show me who He wants me to be through Him.

That I may be reverent in behavior, not practicing slander or gossip.  That I may be faithful, loving and full of patience.  That I may be an example in all these things so that younger women may see how God wants us to be. 

That I may admonish the young women.  To give encouragement through advice.

That I may love my husband and teach them to love their husband.  Not romantic love, but a commitment to him and his welfare.

That I may love my children and teach them to love their children.  That I teach my children good character, kindness, faithfulness, obedience, and most importantly a love for their Heavenly Father. 

That I may be a good homemaker and teach them to be good homemakers.  Teach them the importance that the Bible places on women being homemakers.

That I may be obedient to my own husband and teach them to be obedient to their own husbands.  Today women are side by side in many different areas of life with men who are not their husbands.  There are many temptations out there to listen to another man.  We must remember to only be obedient to our own husbands.  We need to protect that relationship.

That my actions may glorify the Lord, build His kingdom, and strengthen the family.

I want to be ready when He is ready to use me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Christmas Wonderland - Review

When I was contacted a few weeks ago and asked if I would review a newly released Christmas album, I couldn't type fast enough to respond and say YES! Christmas is, by far, my favorite time of year.  When I received the Cds, they were wrapped in beautiful burlap and ribbon and decorated with a sparkly snowflake. Along with the Cds, there was a personal handwritten note. It was so sweet and just made the entire experience of this review scream vintage. Vintage Christmas Wonderland by David Ian has a smooth jazzy sound that takes you back to the days when life was less complicated. When I was contacted to review the album, it was described to me as " It's reminiscent of the Charlie Brown Christmas album and meant to bring warmth to the season!".  I can tell you, that is a perfect description. While listening to Vintage Christmas Wonderland, I felt like putting up my Christmas tree just so I could plug in the lights and watch them glow. I felt like starting a

Joyful Journaling - DaySpring Journal GIVEAWAY

Our children are getting older and I want them to start journaling. I want them to write down their thoughts for the day, but I also want them to journal with purpose. Our middle daughter is starting to experience more emotions as she is getting older. I am noticing that she is focusing more on things that went wrong in the day instead of the joys of the day. I came up with the idea of purposefully journaling and wanted to find the perfect journal for her to get started. A journal that would help her focus on joy! I decided to visit DaySpring and to look at their journals. I am so glad I did. I found the everyday joy journal. It is perfect! I want my children to journal with purpose. I want them to focus more on the blessings and joys of the day than focus on the negatives or disappointments of the day. Each day can be (and usually is) filled with both. It is my hope that positive thoughts will be come the norm and negative thoughts and disappointments will be lost at the end

Letting go of the boy, so he can become a man.

Rain! We thought the rain would never stop. It seemed to rain every day for over a week. All the while, our lawn continued to grow and grow. When there was finally a break in the rain, the lawn seemed to stand two feet tall. Our oldest son has taken on the responsibility of mowing the lawn. He was so happy when his dad told him that he could mow on his own. He longs to please his dad. He longs to make him happy. He longs for his approval. Of course, he doesn't have to mow in order to do or receive any of those things. He has been a daddy's boy since the day he came into the world and we found out we had a son. Our son went out to tackle mowing the lawn. He had been asking me every day if he could mow and today I was finally able to say yes, that it was dry enough. He had been out there mowing for about 20 minutes when he came in for a drink. He was dripping with sweat. My heart sunk for my boy, for how difficult the task he was attempting to complete. I told him that I