Since returning home, well if I must be completely honest, I've always had an issue with pride. I use my pride as an excuse not to do the things God calls me to do. The last position I held was in the preschool department of the church my family attends. I loved it! I loved the organization. I loved the children. I loved the teachers. Sure, like every job, there were some down sides, but mostly I loved it! When God called me away from it, I didn't want to obey. I was doing a good job. Why would He call me away from a job I was doing well? I was in His house, doing His work. Pride! That was my main problem. It wasn't the "I want attention" pride. If you know me, I am not one that wants attention. I don't want recognition. The pride that I was filled with was selfish pride. The pride of knowing I could do the job and do it well. Now that I am no longer working in the preschool department, I have found it difficult being around the department. It is hard to wa...
Comments
Post a Comment