Skip to main content

Look what I did today!

Today, I opened up the box to my new sewing machine that I was blessed to receive from my wonderful mother-in-law at Christmas. I probably should mention that it was Christmas 2007! I remember being so excited about receiving the sewing machine that the next week I went to the fabric store and bought material and a pattern to make my girls matching outfits. I don't quite remember why I never opened up the sewing machine or why the material and pattern stayed in their original store bag for over 2 1/2 years. But, they did.

Recently I have been inspired by great women around me. Inspired to be more and do more with the talents God has given me. Inspired to do more things creative. That inspiration lead to me doing these... all today, by the way!

First, I made the girls matching dresses with the material I bought over 2 1/2 years ago. I did not use a pattern, just cut them out and sewed them. I am pretty proud of myself because I think they turned out pretty good.Next, I made a cover for my Community Bible Study (CBS) book. It has a pocket on the front for a small notepad and another pocket for a pen. Inside there are also pockets for papers. After that, I used the same material from my CBS book cover and made myself a cute purse. The purse has 5 pockets inside. I absolutely LOVE pockets. I didn't use a pattern to make them either :)

Here they are....

Today, I would not have been able to have the extremely fun day I had sewing, if my husband did not let me. No, I there is not a typo, I meant let me. I am a wife and a mother and with those titles comes responsibilities. If I don't do those responsibilities, then I am not doing what God put me on this earth to do. God created me as a helper to my husband.

And the LORD God said, "It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him. Genesis 2:18

It has only been in the past year that my husband and I have let God into our marriage. Up until that point, we had blocked Him out almost completely. This past year, I have been learning how to be the wife that God wants me to be. One of the things I have had to do is give up my selfish ways. My days are not what I want to do anymore. My days are not where I want to go anymore. I am married, and my husband and I have become one flesh. I must think of him as much as I think of myself.

Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. Genesis 2:24

I was extremely blessed today to have pretty much the whole day to sew all by myself in our sunroom. My husband was gracious enough to care for the children as well as do some of the chores around the house. It was a very relaxing day. I came out after finishing the girls dresses and I told my husband that while I was making them, my face started to hurt, and then I realized it was because I was smiling. It was a blessing to have time for me today. Being a homeschooling mother of 4, I don't get those chances very often.

It is my prayer that I remember the time I was given today and remember how relaxed and refreshed it made me feel. It is my prayer that I will remember that my husband, who works very hard leading our family, needs to be given time for himself too so that he can be relaxed and refreshed.

It was a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Educational Resources from Educents

Educents is the trusted resource for every child's education. If your child is interested in Minecraft, butterflies, space, architecture, traveling.. you name it.. the hundreds of Sellers on Educents probably offer a way to turn your child's interests into a fun lesson. Keep scrolling to check out what's new, what's popular, and shop Educents deals by grade . Don't miss Educents' new freebie at the bottom of this post! What's new? 3D Animation Course - Kids will learn key 3D character animation concepts in this year-long online course as they create animated movies using their favorite Minecraft characters. Kids will learn all the necessary skills to create fun animated shorts, laying the foundation for a future career in animation, or simply giving kids a productive outlet for their love of Minecraft! Recommended for ages 8 to 14. Beginning Architecture Course - Frank Lloyd Wright never had it this good! This three-part series of Be

Vintage Christmas Wonderland - Review

When I was contacted a few weeks ago and asked if I would review a newly released Christmas album, I couldn't type fast enough to respond and say YES! Christmas is, by far, my favorite time of year.  When I received the Cds, they were wrapped in beautiful burlap and ribbon and decorated with a sparkly snowflake. Along with the Cds, there was a personal handwritten note. It was so sweet and just made the entire experience of this review scream vintage. Vintage Christmas Wonderland by David Ian has a smooth jazzy sound that takes you back to the days when life was less complicated. When I was contacted to review the album, it was described to me as " It's reminiscent of the Charlie Brown Christmas album and meant to bring warmth to the season!".  I can tell you, that is a perfect description. While listening to Vintage Christmas Wonderland, I felt like putting up my Christmas tree just so I could plug in the lights and watch them glow. I felt like starting a

Wild Brothers Tiger Trail PLUS New Adventures DVD set 1-4

The newest Wild Brother adventure is about to be released! Our kids get so excited when they see that a new Wild Brothers adventure is being released. They enjoy watching the Wild Brothers adventures in the remote jungle, where their family are missionaries. In their newest adventure,  The Wild Brothers, A Tigers Trail , the Wild Brothers hike remote trails in search of the legendary Tasmanian tiger. They are determined to uncover the truth while deepening their relationships with the people of their mountain. Get your family together to fully enjoy an adventure you will never forget! You can pre-order The Wild Brothers, Tiger Trail , now. The DVD will be released in April. As with their other adventure DVDs, there is a discussion and activity guide included free with the DVD. The Wild Brothers adventures are also being released in a DVD set. You can pre-order The Wild Brother adventure set, DVDs 1-4 , which will also be released in April. (This post contains