Skip to main content

A Mom Is A Mom

I've been struggling with something for a while now. My struggle has caused me to hide out in my house and not want to go out into the world.

What is my struggle?

Women treating other women in a negative matter. Women talking about other women in a negative matter. More to the point - I struggle with the way moms treat other moms.

We moved down south from Michigan about 5 years ago. I was excited for the change. My excitement was quickly squashed with the negativity I received. Unfortunately, there are still some people down south who do not care for people from the north. This has been a struggle the entire time I have lived down here. I simply do not fit in.

My feeling is that I don't care where you are from. If you are a woman, we have something in common and we should support each other and lift each other up. If you are a mom, we have even more in common and we should support each other and lift each other up.

It doesn't matter if you are a working mom or a stay at home mom. It doesn't matter if you send your children to public school or if you home-school. It doesn't matter if you have 1 child or 20. We are all moms.

I am a stay-at-home-homeschooling-mom to 4 of our children. We are currently in the process of adopting another child. I am doing this because my husband and I feel this is what God is calling me to do. I should be receiving encouragement. My life and the choices that my husband and I have made for our family, under God's provision, should not offend anyone.

We should encourage each other. That's it. There is no real reason this should not occur. None of us are better than the other, we all just have been given different gifts and abilities from God. He calls us to use those gifts and abilities for His glory.

I am thankful for all of the mom blogs that have come across my computer screen. I can honestly say that I learn something from each of those moms. I have been blessed.

All moms have common goals. We all want our children to be happy, healthy, and know they are loved. Yes, each of us may have a different definition of what each of those look like, but we can agree that each of us want what we feel is best for our children.

So why do we talk behind each others backs? Why do we discourage each other? Why are we sometimes just down right cruel?

Why? Because we are sinners.

I am adding a new goal to my list. I have a goal to get out of my house and be an encourager to other moms. To be an encourager to other women. I'm not going to let negativity keep me inside. I'm not going to let fear of not being accepted keep me from doing what God wants me to do.

We, as woman, have been given such great gifts. We should use those gifts to encourage each other.

Lord, I pray that you guide my words. I pray that you guide my steps. I pray that you only place encouragement on my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Educational Resources from Educents

Educents is the trusted resource for every child's education. If your child is interested in Minecraft, butterflies, space, architecture, traveling.. you name it.. the hundreds of Sellers on Educents probably offer a way to turn your child's interests into a fun lesson. Keep scrolling to check out what's new, what's popular, and shop Educents deals by grade . Don't miss Educents' new freebie at the bottom of this post! What's new? 3D Animation Course - Kids will learn key 3D character animation concepts in this year-long online course as they create animated movies using their favorite Minecraft characters. Kids will learn all the necessary skills to create fun animated shorts, laying the foundation for a future career in animation, or simply giving kids a productive outlet for their love of Minecraft! Recommended for ages 8 to 14. Beginning Architecture Course - Frank Lloyd Wright never had it this good! This three-part series of Be

Vintage Christmas Wonderland - Review

When I was contacted a few weeks ago and asked if I would review a newly released Christmas album, I couldn't type fast enough to respond and say YES! Christmas is, by far, my favorite time of year.  When I received the Cds, they were wrapped in beautiful burlap and ribbon and decorated with a sparkly snowflake. Along with the Cds, there was a personal handwritten note. It was so sweet and just made the entire experience of this review scream vintage. Vintage Christmas Wonderland by David Ian has a smooth jazzy sound that takes you back to the days when life was less complicated. When I was contacted to review the album, it was described to me as " It's reminiscent of the Charlie Brown Christmas album and meant to bring warmth to the season!".  I can tell you, that is a perfect description. While listening to Vintage Christmas Wonderland, I felt like putting up my Christmas tree just so I could plug in the lights and watch them glow. I felt like starting a

Wild Brothers Tiger Trail PLUS New Adventures DVD set 1-4

The newest Wild Brother adventure is about to be released! Our kids get so excited when they see that a new Wild Brothers adventure is being released. They enjoy watching the Wild Brothers adventures in the remote jungle, where their family are missionaries. In their newest adventure,  The Wild Brothers, A Tigers Trail , the Wild Brothers hike remote trails in search of the legendary Tasmanian tiger. They are determined to uncover the truth while deepening their relationships with the people of their mountain. Get your family together to fully enjoy an adventure you will never forget! You can pre-order The Wild Brothers, Tiger Trail , now. The DVD will be released in April. As with their other adventure DVDs, there is a discussion and activity guide included free with the DVD. The Wild Brothers adventures are also being released in a DVD set. You can pre-order The Wild Brother adventure set, DVDs 1-4 , which will also be released in April. (This post contains