Skip to main content

Caring for His children

In the past few months God has placed orphan care and adoption on my heart.  I have been struggling with the fact that I had a tubal ligation after the twins were born, a decision I regretted almost immediately.  My obstetrician said that it really should be done because of how many caesarian sections I had.  When I had the twins I wasn't right with God.  I didn't consult him on any decisions in my life.  I now know that my husband and I should have consulted the Great Physician instead of the obstetrician.

God knows my love for children.  He knows that I desire to have more.  He has turned that desire towards adoption.  My husband and I are in the inquiring stage of adopting a little boy.  If you could see him, his amazing smile, he would light up your day.  At this moment my husband and I don't see how it is possible that we will be able to adopt.  We see road blocks.  We don't necessarily meet the income requirements and we don't have the $20,000 or so that it will cost to adopt.  Even though we see these road blocks, we also know that our God has no road blocks and sees no road blocks.  If He wants us to have Lucas in our family, then it will happen.

God has also placed a couple of orphan care organizations on my heart.  The first is Show Hope.  Here is their Company overview:

Show Hope exists to mobilize individuals and communities to join God's revolution to care for orphans in their distress, helping to provide waiting children with food, shelter, medical care and forever families.

Right now, if you go to Show Hope's facebook page and "Like" it, there is a generous donor who will give $5000 for every 5000 "Likes" up to $55,000.  Simply click on the link below and then click on the like button.  It is that simple and you are helping care for an orphan.  Not so hard, huh?  Take a look around their facebook page or visit their website.  There are so many ways you can help.

http://www.facebook.com/ShowHope

The second organization that has been  placed on my heart is an orphanage in Haiti that is run through Hope Vision Ministries. This organization is close to my heart because members of my church family are there caring for the orphans.  This orphanage relies on donations in order to be able to care for all the children.  There are approximately 40 - 45 children currently being cared for at that orphanage.

In order make a donation to the orphanage in Haiti, click the link below and then go down to the bottom and designate the gift to "Hope Vision Ministry- Haiti.

https://give.gme.org/

It doesn't take much to care for His children.  It can be as little as clicking on a "like" button on facebook.  If God is stirring your heart to do more, you can donate your time or money to either of these organizations.  

There are several orphan care organizations out there.  I pray that God show each one of you what organization He would like you to be involved with.  We are responsible for caring for His children.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Christmas Wonderland - Review

When I was contacted a few weeks ago and asked if I would review a newly released Christmas album, I couldn't type fast enough to respond and say YES! Christmas is, by far, my favorite time of year.  When I received the Cds, they were wrapped in beautiful burlap and ribbon and decorated with a sparkly snowflake. Along with the Cds, there was a personal handwritten note. It was so sweet and just made the entire experience of this review scream vintage. Vintage Christmas Wonderland by David Ian has a smooth jazzy sound that takes you back to the days when life was less complicated. When I was contacted to review the album, it was described to me as " It's reminiscent of the Charlie Brown Christmas album and meant to bring warmth to the season!".  I can tell you, that is a perfect description. While listening to Vintage Christmas Wonderland, I felt like putting up my Christmas tree just so I could plug in the lights and watch them glow. I felt like starting a

Zipzicles review and giveaway!!

A couple weeks ago I received a package of Zipzicles to try out and review. I must say, I was super excited. You can read about how Zipzicles was started here. This summer my children and I attended VBS at our church. Since our church is a 30 minute drive and VBS ran from 8:30-12:30, I knew that I would need to pack their lunches. I attempted to make my own Zipzicle type packaging but it did not turn out well at all. I didn't take pictures because no-one needs to witness how bad they were. So, a couple months ago I found Zipzicles and wanted to give them a try. It is such a simple idea and I cannot believe no-one thought of them sooner. One of the things I like most (besides being super convenient) is that the packages are BPA free and recyclable! I also like that I know exactly what my kids are eating because I make it myself. Okay, so here is what I did. I made smoothies and put them in the Zipzicle packages. I am a big fan of tropical smoothies. Here I have coconut milk

Joyful Journaling - DaySpring Journal GIVEAWAY

Our children are getting older and I want them to start journaling. I want them to write down their thoughts for the day, but I also want them to journal with purpose. Our middle daughter is starting to experience more emotions as she is getting older. I am noticing that she is focusing more on things that went wrong in the day instead of the joys of the day. I came up with the idea of purposefully journaling and wanted to find the perfect journal for her to get started. A journal that would help her focus on joy! I decided to visit DaySpring and to look at their journals. I am so glad I did. I found the everyday joy journal. It is perfect! I want my children to journal with purpose. I want them to focus more on the blessings and joys of the day than focus on the negatives or disappointments of the day. Each day can be (and usually is) filled with both. It is my hope that positive thoughts will be come the norm and negative thoughts and disappointments will be lost at the end