Skip to main content

Good Ground

The other day I was in the process of getting all the kids settled down for their daily rest time.  Yes, they all still have daily rest time.  The house is a much happier place when daily rest time is achieved.

While I was getting them ready to get all snugged in their beds, my oldest son comes up and gives me a big hug.  While hugging me I asked him "Have you seen my patience, I seem to have lost it today?"  He responded "Oh, you lost that a long time ago!"

While his comment seemed funny at the time it also made me reflect on how my children see me every day.  Am I being the example that I need to be.  Am I showing them how to be the parent that God will want them to be.

Answer: No, not always.

Daily I fail to be what God wants me to be.  Daily I fail to be the example they need to see.  Daily I should be asking Him and them for forgiveness.

"But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience."  Luke 8:15

As I read this verse I think of what I need to be doing in order to bear fruit with patience.  Am I getting my daily quiet time with my Heavenly Father?  Am I keeping His word in my heart throughout the day?  Am I seeking His guidance as I raise His children?  Am I planting my foundation on good ground?

It is my prayer that I will bear fruit with patience.  It is my prayer that I will be on good ground.  It is my prayer that I will have a foundation that will be a good example for my children so that when they are older they will bear fruit with patience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Christmas Wonderland - Review

When I was contacted a few weeks ago and asked if I would review a newly released Christmas album, I couldn't type fast enough to respond and say YES! Christmas is, by far, my favorite time of year.  When I received the Cds, they were wrapped in beautiful burlap and ribbon and decorated with a sparkly snowflake. Along with the Cds, there was a personal handwritten note. It was so sweet and just made the entire experience of this review scream vintage. Vintage Christmas Wonderland by David Ian has a smooth jazzy sound that takes you back to the days when life was less complicated. When I was contacted to review the album, it was described to me as " It's reminiscent of the Charlie Brown Christmas album and meant to bring warmth to the season!".  I can tell you, that is a perfect description. While listening to Vintage Christmas Wonderland, I felt like putting up my Christmas tree just so I could plug in the lights and watch them glow. I felt like starting a

Zipzicles review and giveaway!!

A couple weeks ago I received a package of Zipzicles to try out and review. I must say, I was super excited. You can read about how Zipzicles was started here. This summer my children and I attended VBS at our church. Since our church is a 30 minute drive and VBS ran from 8:30-12:30, I knew that I would need to pack their lunches. I attempted to make my own Zipzicle type packaging but it did not turn out well at all. I didn't take pictures because no-one needs to witness how bad they were. So, a couple months ago I found Zipzicles and wanted to give them a try. It is such a simple idea and I cannot believe no-one thought of them sooner. One of the things I like most (besides being super convenient) is that the packages are BPA free and recyclable! I also like that I know exactly what my kids are eating because I make it myself. Okay, so here is what I did. I made smoothies and put them in the Zipzicle packages. I am a big fan of tropical smoothies. Here I have coconut milk

Joyful Journaling - DaySpring Journal GIVEAWAY

Our children are getting older and I want them to start journaling. I want them to write down their thoughts for the day, but I also want them to journal with purpose. Our middle daughter is starting to experience more emotions as she is getting older. I am noticing that she is focusing more on things that went wrong in the day instead of the joys of the day. I came up with the idea of purposefully journaling and wanted to find the perfect journal for her to get started. A journal that would help her focus on joy! I decided to visit DaySpring and to look at their journals. I am so glad I did. I found the everyday joy journal. It is perfect! I want my children to journal with purpose. I want them to focus more on the blessings and joys of the day than focus on the negatives or disappointments of the day. Each day can be (and usually is) filled with both. It is my hope that positive thoughts will be come the norm and negative thoughts and disappointments will be lost at the end