Skip to main content

All the Days of Her Life - Preparing for Marriage

I did not grow up studying the Bible.  I went to church all throughout high school.  I would read my Bible at church or church functions.  But I did not study it.  I did not hide it in my heart.  And I did not follow it or live by it.

I want to be different.  I want to hide His word in my heart.  I want my children to hide His word in their hearts.

The heart of her husband safely trusts her; so he will have no lack of gain.  She does him good and not evil all the days of her life.  Proverbs 31:11-12

I want my daughters to honor their husbands ALL the days of their lives.  I want them to honor their husbands today and every day.  I want them to honor their husbands before they even know who God has chosen for them to marry.


I want their character, while they are single, to honor their future husband. I want the words out of their mouths to honor their future husband.

All the days of her life...

As I read these verses, I thought back to the first few years of my marriage and how much hurt and baggage I brought into it.  I remember how broken I was.  I remember reflecting that brokenness on my husband.  I remember all the hurt that was caused by my brokenness.  Thankfully,  I serve a loving God who heals that brokenness.

God has these verses written for a reason.  He wants us to have healthy, loving, trusting, fulfilling marriages.  He wants us to save our whole hearts for our husbands.

Each time we get close to another man before we are married, we give that man part of our heart.

If you wait.  If you truly do your husband good and not evil all the days of your life, then there will be a union filled with trust.  There will be no hurt brought into the marriage that you might be tempted to reflect on your husband.  You will have your whole heart just for him. 

I will encourage my daughters to make decisions in their lives based on this verse.  I will encourage them to keep their hearts whole.  I will encourage them to save their whole heart for their husbands.  I will pray that their husbands are doing the same. I want them to put their full trust in God that He will show them who they are supposed to marry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Educational Resources from Educents

Educents is the trusted resource for every child's education. If your child is interested in Minecraft, butterflies, space, architecture, traveling.. you name it.. the hundreds of Sellers on Educents probably offer a way to turn your child's interests into a fun lesson. Keep scrolling to check out what's new, what's popular, and shop Educents deals by grade . Don't miss Educents' new freebie at the bottom of this post! What's new? 3D Animation Course - Kids will learn key 3D character animation concepts in this year-long online course as they create animated movies using their favorite Minecraft characters. Kids will learn all the necessary skills to create fun animated shorts, laying the foundation for a future career in animation, or simply giving kids a productive outlet for their love of Minecraft! Recommended for ages 8 to 14. Beginning Architecture Course - Frank Lloyd Wright never had it this good! This three-part series of Be

Vintage Christmas Wonderland - Review

When I was contacted a few weeks ago and asked if I would review a newly released Christmas album, I couldn't type fast enough to respond and say YES! Christmas is, by far, my favorite time of year.  When I received the Cds, they were wrapped in beautiful burlap and ribbon and decorated with a sparkly snowflake. Along with the Cds, there was a personal handwritten note. It was so sweet and just made the entire experience of this review scream vintage. Vintage Christmas Wonderland by David Ian has a smooth jazzy sound that takes you back to the days when life was less complicated. When I was contacted to review the album, it was described to me as " It's reminiscent of the Charlie Brown Christmas album and meant to bring warmth to the season!".  I can tell you, that is a perfect description. While listening to Vintage Christmas Wonderland, I felt like putting up my Christmas tree just so I could plug in the lights and watch them glow. I felt like starting a

Wild Brothers Tiger Trail PLUS New Adventures DVD set 1-4

The newest Wild Brother adventure is about to be released! Our kids get so excited when they see that a new Wild Brothers adventure is being released. They enjoy watching the Wild Brothers adventures in the remote jungle, where their family are missionaries. In their newest adventure,  The Wild Brothers, A Tigers Trail , the Wild Brothers hike remote trails in search of the legendary Tasmanian tiger. They are determined to uncover the truth while deepening their relationships with the people of their mountain. Get your family together to fully enjoy an adventure you will never forget! You can pre-order The Wild Brothers, Tiger Trail , now. The DVD will be released in April. As with their other adventure DVDs, there is a discussion and activity guide included free with the DVD. The Wild Brothers adventures are also being released in a DVD set. You can pre-order The Wild Brother adventure set, DVDs 1-4 , which will also be released in April. (This post contains