Skip to main content

Mary, Did You Know?

If you ask my children what Christmas is about, they will tell you "Christmas is not about gifts, it is about baby Jesus." 

But Christmas ... it is about a gift.  A very special gift that was given to us by our Heavenly Father.  It is the gift of eternal life through His son, Jesus. 

I can think of no greater gift. 

Then the Angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.  And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name JESUS. Luke 1:30-31

One of my favorite songs is Mary, Did You Know?  I like just about every version I have heard. 

Mary, did you know that your baby boy
...would one day walk on water?
...would save our sons and daughters?
... has come to make you new? 

This child that you delivered will soon deliver you.

Mary, did you know that your baby boy
...will give sight to a blind man?
... would calm a storm with His hands?
... has walked where angels trod?

When you kiss your  little baby, you kiss the face of God.

Mary, did you know that your baby boy
... is Lord of all creation?
... would one day rule all nations?
... is Heaven's perfect Lamb?

This sleeping child your holding is the great I AM.

I cannot even begin to imagine what Mary was feeling.  She carried our savior in her womb.  She delivered our Savior in a stable.  She raised our Savior to be a man.

She watched our Savior sleep.  She prepared our Savior's meals.  She cleaned our Savior's clothing.  She saw our Savior's first smile.  She watched our Savior sit up for the first time.  She watched our Savior take His first step.  

The whole time she knew. 

She knew that her baby boy would one day not only save her, but all who believed in Him.
 
She knew that one day her baby boy would gift us the most undeserving gift we could ever received. 

For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that would so ever believe in Him should not parish, but have eternal life.  John 3:16

It is my prayer that if you are reading this and you have not accepted the ultimate priceless gift of eternal life, that you will.  It is the most precious gift you will ever receive.

Merry Christmas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Christmas Wonderland - Review

When I was contacted a few weeks ago and asked if I would review a newly released Christmas album, I couldn't type fast enough to respond and say YES! Christmas is, by far, my favorite time of year.  When I received the Cds, they were wrapped in beautiful burlap and ribbon and decorated with a sparkly snowflake. Along with the Cds, there was a personal handwritten note. It was so sweet and just made the entire experience of this review scream vintage. Vintage Christmas Wonderland by David Ian has a smooth jazzy sound that takes you back to the days when life was less complicated. When I was contacted to review the album, it was described to me as " It's reminiscent of the Charlie Brown Christmas album and meant to bring warmth to the season!".  I can tell you, that is a perfect description. While listening to Vintage Christmas Wonderland, I felt like putting up my Christmas tree just so I could plug in the lights and watch them glow. I felt like starting a

Joyful Journaling - DaySpring Journal GIVEAWAY

Our children are getting older and I want them to start journaling. I want them to write down their thoughts for the day, but I also want them to journal with purpose. Our middle daughter is starting to experience more emotions as she is getting older. I am noticing that she is focusing more on things that went wrong in the day instead of the joys of the day. I came up with the idea of purposefully journaling and wanted to find the perfect journal for her to get started. A journal that would help her focus on joy! I decided to visit DaySpring and to look at their journals. I am so glad I did. I found the everyday joy journal. It is perfect! I want my children to journal with purpose. I want them to focus more on the blessings and joys of the day than focus on the negatives or disappointments of the day. Each day can be (and usually is) filled with both. It is my hope that positive thoughts will be come the norm and negative thoughts and disappointments will be lost at the end

Letting go of the boy, so he can become a man.

Rain! We thought the rain would never stop. It seemed to rain every day for over a week. All the while, our lawn continued to grow and grow. When there was finally a break in the rain, the lawn seemed to stand two feet tall. Our oldest son has taken on the responsibility of mowing the lawn. He was so happy when his dad told him that he could mow on his own. He longs to please his dad. He longs to make him happy. He longs for his approval. Of course, he doesn't have to mow in order to do or receive any of those things. He has been a daddy's boy since the day he came into the world and we found out we had a son. Our son went out to tackle mowing the lawn. He had been asking me every day if he could mow and today I was finally able to say yes, that it was dry enough. He had been out there mowing for about 20 minutes when he came in for a drink. He was dripping with sweat. My heart sunk for my boy, for how difficult the task he was attempting to complete. I told him that I