Skip to main content

Goal Check-In

So far I am not doing as well as I had hoped I would with my goals. Our month/year goals have changed a little bit since becoming pre-approved to adopt Lucas. You can read about our adoption journey here.

Financial - Are our family's financial goals steering us towards being good stewards with the income God has given us?

We are now beginning the process of adoption, which will cost around $27-30,000. We are still going to pay down the remaining debt we have, but it will be a little longer process that originally planned. We are starting this adoption journey with empty pockets, but we know that God put Lucas in our lives and He will provide. Nothing is impossible with God.

I continue to keep our grocery budget low, around $400-$500 a month for a family of 6. I'm still trying to knock that number down lower. That does include all our household products too.

Health - Am I taking care of this life that God has blessed me with.  Am I healthy enough to do the work that God has for me?

I have not lost anymore weight, but I also have not gained any back. I have added a new goal besides running the 5k in November. I am going to walk a 5k in April with my children. This means the kids and I are going to start walking together to prepare. We have had beautiful 60 degree days, so there is no reason not to.

Homemaking - Am I being and doing what the Bible says I should as a homemaker. 

Time Management
I have been doing better about wasting time. I now plan out when I am going to do my blog posts. The kids now have their time that they are on the computer doing schoolwork. This also helps me stay off it.

Meal Planning
I have been doing pretty well at planning meals.  I believe we only ate out three times (or brought food home) in the past month. I have not been better at writing my menu down on a calendar, I still need to work on that.

Sewing
My sewing goal is going to happen! I was looking for modest skirts and bathing suits for my girls and could not find any that were reasonably priced. Next month I am going to find patterns and start sewing. Next month I will also get the material for the kids curtains. We want to take a picture of the boys room to send to Lucas so he can see where his room. I want to have curtains up before we take the picture.

Cleaning
My cleaning goal is getting much better. The kids and I have chore time in the morning. We get the kitchen, bedrooms, living area straightened up. The kids do their own laundry once a week. They help with washing, drying and folding the towels. My oldest son cleans the kids bathroom once a week. It is working out well.

Stocking Our Pantry/Freezer
We received our first order from Bulk Natural Foods. It was 40 lbs of organic oranges. They were delicious. I was going to juice some of them, but I have not had any luck finding a hand juicer. My search will continue. Next month is the dry food goods order. I am looking forward to seeing what they offer and if it is cheaper than I can get in the store.

Homeschooling - Am I teaching my children what God wants me to be teaching them?

Homeschooling has been going much better. The kids are actually wanting to do schoolwork and there is little to no complaining! YAY! We still are not doing as much as I would like and I need to tweak the schedule a little, but I am happy with how we are improving.

How are you doing with your goals?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Educational Resources from Educents

Educents is the trusted resource for every child's education. If your child is interested in Minecraft, butterflies, space, architecture, traveling.. you name it.. the hundreds of Sellers on Educents probably offer a way to turn your child's interests into a fun lesson. Keep scrolling to check out what's new, what's popular, and shop Educents deals by grade . Don't miss Educents' new freebie at the bottom of this post! What's new? 3D Animation Course - Kids will learn key 3D character animation concepts in this year-long online course as they create animated movies using their favorite Minecraft characters. Kids will learn all the necessary skills to create fun animated shorts, laying the foundation for a future career in animation, or simply giving kids a productive outlet for their love of Minecraft! Recommended for ages 8 to 14. Beginning Architecture Course - Frank Lloyd Wright never had it this good! This three-part series of Be

Vintage Christmas Wonderland - Review

When I was contacted a few weeks ago and asked if I would review a newly released Christmas album, I couldn't type fast enough to respond and say YES! Christmas is, by far, my favorite time of year.  When I received the Cds, they were wrapped in beautiful burlap and ribbon and decorated with a sparkly snowflake. Along with the Cds, there was a personal handwritten note. It was so sweet and just made the entire experience of this review scream vintage. Vintage Christmas Wonderland by David Ian has a smooth jazzy sound that takes you back to the days when life was less complicated. When I was contacted to review the album, it was described to me as " It's reminiscent of the Charlie Brown Christmas album and meant to bring warmth to the season!".  I can tell you, that is a perfect description. While listening to Vintage Christmas Wonderland, I felt like putting up my Christmas tree just so I could plug in the lights and watch them glow. I felt like starting a

Wild Brothers Tiger Trail PLUS New Adventures DVD set 1-4

The newest Wild Brother adventure is about to be released! Our kids get so excited when they see that a new Wild Brothers adventure is being released. They enjoy watching the Wild Brothers adventures in the remote jungle, where their family are missionaries. In their newest adventure,  The Wild Brothers, A Tigers Trail , the Wild Brothers hike remote trails in search of the legendary Tasmanian tiger. They are determined to uncover the truth while deepening their relationships with the people of their mountain. Get your family together to fully enjoy an adventure you will never forget! You can pre-order The Wild Brothers, Tiger Trail , now. The DVD will be released in April. As with their other adventure DVDs, there is a discussion and activity guide included free with the DVD. The Wild Brothers adventures are also being released in a DVD set. You can pre-order The Wild Brother adventure set, DVDs 1-4 , which will also be released in April. (This post contains