Here is the description of Zaycon Fresh's ground beef:
- Comes fresh, never frozen!
- The beef cattle have a grass diet which is supplemented by grain after they reach approximately 700 pounds.
- 100% grown in the USA.
- There are no chemicals, additives or water added to meat during processing.
- Processed at a USDA-inspected, state-of-the-art plant employing strict operating protocols (including HACCP) and the highest in food-safety standards.
- Prior to processing, inspectors from the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service randomly sample cattle under a monitoring plan and perform testing for antibiotic residues.
- USDA nutrition labeling standards defines "extra lean" and "lean" ground beef based on the lean/fat ratio. While not part of these guidelines, the term "super lean" is often used in the grocery sector to describe ground beef at the upper end of the "lean" category (i.e., "Zaycon Foods 93/7 Super Lean Ground Beef"). Our ground beef product is 93% lean and 7% fat.
- Comes in a 40-lb case with four 10-lb chubs per case
- LFTB free!
Zaycon Fresh immediately credited my account for the difference of payment. Super fast. Excellent customer service. When I purchased the ground beef, it was $4.49/lb.
Before I picked up the ground beef, I made a list of how I was going to process it. I wanted some 1 lb uncooked packages, a few larger uncooked packages for meatloafs (my husband's favorite), meatballs, hamburgers and some cooked for quick meals.
Our daughters worked together to make all the meatballs.
Two of the kids had fun pressing all of the hamburgers.
I divided the 38 lbs into the following:
3 packages of meatballs (16 in each)
3 packages of approximately 2.5 lbs to be used for meatloaf
6 packages of hamburgers (6 in each)
12 packages of approximately 1 lb (uncooked)
9 packages 1-2 cups (cooked for tacos, sloppy joes, etc.)
8 packages 1/2-1 cup (cooked for sauces, pizza topping, etc.)
I will end up getting 41 meals out of the 38 lbs of ground beef.
So far I have made hamburgers, which were so tasty! We also used one of the cooked packages for homemade Sloppy Joes. Also very tasty!
Processing the 38 lbs of ground beef was so easy (with our children helping) that I think next time I am going to order two cases.
Signing up for Zaycon Fresh is super simple. Click HERE to sign up. You will receive message when products are available in your area.
(Links in this post are my referral link. Thank you for supporting my blog.)